When it comes to car stereo touchscreens, a bigger screen is often better. Pioneer's DMH-WT3800NEX digital multimedia receiver combines a standard-size single-DIN chassis connected to a 9" floating capacitive HD touchscreen display so you can better see and control your system. This receiver features built-in wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ as well as built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth® for simple smartphone connections. And with the Weblink and Vozsis apps installed on your phone, you'll be able to enjoy the voice-control convenience of Amazon Alexa. The DMH-WT3800NEX is also compatible with the SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately) to listen to music, news, sports, and podcasts.
Wired and wireless smartphone integration
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone connected, you'll gain a variety of apps that are simple to switch between, whether you're using this radio's touchscreen or voice control. This receiver offers these options:
- Bluetooth: The DMH-W3800NEX's built-in Bluetooth technology allows you to make hands-free calls and playback, pause, and select audio from your smartphone.
- Wired and wireless Android Auto: Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice-control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, and text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- Screen mirroring: If you use apps unsupported by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, this receiver will mirror your Android and iPhone screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features. Requires wired USB connection.
- Amazon Alexa: With the Weblink and Vozsis apps installed on your phone you can use Alexa voice control to play music, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. To learn more about Alexa's features on the DMH-W3800NEX, visit https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Alexa.
- CarAVAssist: Pioneer's CarAVAssist app supports web browsing, home screen customization, and other functions. You can bookmark websites that you want to enjoy in your car, register your favorite sports teams to receive real-time game updates, make notification settings for your smartphone, and more. The app also allows you to customize your receiver's home screen, including adding your own background image, and to easily perform OTA Firmware updates.
Multiple content options
Got your own music or video library? Load your files onto a USB drive for easy playback through this receiver's USB port, including high-res WAV and FLAC files. If you're looking for radio content that stays with you as you travel, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Pioneer to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. The DMH-WT3800NEX also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations.
Dial in your sound
Use the 13-band graphic equalizer and other sound tools to maximize the audio signal of the powerful built-in MOSFET amplifier. And the Sound Retriever applies an algorithm to audio files such as MP3s to enhance the sound of compressed audio files.
If you want more power, three sets of preamp outputs deliver an ultra-clean signal to external amps. For a sophisticated 3-way system, you can switch the front, rear, and subwoofer outputs to 3-way mode with separate outputs for Lows, Mids, and Highs.
Add a rear-view camera with selectable parking lines
With two camera inputs, you can also install front- and rear-view cameras and use the receiver's built-in parking guides to back up safely in any crowded lot. The touchscreen lets you adjust parking lines with ease.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Pioneer offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.